3-5 Day Lead Time
Notice: Current Mac firmware seems to be limiting 3rd party USB-C PD power draw to 60 watts. We are currently working toward a solution. Please contact us if you need information on the issue.
The Media Blackout USB TAP is the easiest way to get USB power to your devices from professional power sources. USB TAP now comes in two varieties:
USB Type-C PD: The 90 watt USB Type-C female USB outlet is compatible with most USB Type-C implementations, and can take advantage of high-current, multi-voltage charging. The USB TAP with USB-C output works exclusively with USB-C enabled devices including the latest 15” MacBook Pro, iPhone with Lightning connector, and Google Pixel.
- Works with USB-C PD Devices
- 12V-20V Input
- Output: 5V, 9V, 12V, 15V, and 20V (Max 4.5A)
- 90W Total Power Consumption
- Dimensions: 1.88" x 1.17" x 0.70" (47.69mm x 29.60mm x 17.80mm)
USB Type A with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0: The 18 watt USB Type A female output now features Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0, which can charge compatible phones to 80% capacity in only 35 minutes.
Use the USB TAP with new USB-C or USB Micro-B devices that are able to take advantage of Qualcomm Quick Charge multi-voltage charging. The device communicates with the USB TAP to choose the correct voltage, from 3.6-12V.
The new turbocharged USB TAP is backwards compatible with all USB devices, including iPhone. Your device MUST be compatible with Qualcomm Quick Charge in order to take advantage of the fast charging feature.
- Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 Compatible
- Recharge compatible devices 4x faster than conventional charging and 45% faster than Quick Charge 2.0
- Backwards compatible with previous implementations of Quick Charge and all USB implementations (Must be compatible with Qualcomm Quick Charge to take advantage of multi-voltage quick charging)
- 12V-24V Input, 2.2A Max
- Output: 3.6V-6.5V, 3A; 6.5V-9V, 2A; 9V-12V, 1.5A
- 18W total power consumption
- Dimensions: 1.28" x 0.93" x 0.85" (32.50mm x 23.70mm x 21.60mm)
All Media Blackout products that use 3D printed parts carry a 5-year warranty on the printed material. If your 3D printed part warps, cracks, or fails for any reason, we will replace the defective printed part at no cost.
All Media Blackout cable assemblies use genuine parts and high-quality cable. Cable assemblies are made to order at our office in Culver City, CA. If you need custom assemblies, please contact us.