1-3 Week Lead Time
Red Schmitt to Pulse Adapter
Media Blackout's Red Schmitt to Pulse Adapter is meant to adapt legacy Red DSMC remote start cables to be used with Red DSMC² modules that are newer than the original base expander.
The Red RS protocol used with the first generation of the DSMC system would record when a constant 3.3V signal was present at the GPIO pin in the SYNC connector. The DSMC² system's Expanders (excluding the Base Expander) all use a low pulse that is an industry standard for triggering recording. We have an in depth article on the subject in our blog.
This adapter accepts the constant 3.3V from legacy RS cables, and changes the protocol to a low pulse. Features include:
- 4-pin Lemo input (00.304), accepts 3.3V Schmitt trigger
- 12" 4-pin Lemo output (00.304), outputs low pulse
- Rechargeable internal battery
- Micro USB port for charging & updating firmware (USB cable not included)
- On/Off switch
- Low battery warning
- Timecode and genlock pass-through
- Dimensions and weight - 2.4" x 1.4" x 0.8"; 1.4 oz
All Media Blackout cable assemblies use genuine parts and high-quality cable. Cable assemblies are made to order at our office in Culver City, CA. If you need custom assemblies, please contact us.