1-2 Week Lead Time
This cable allows remote start/stop of recording with Red DSMC or DSMC² cameras (including MX, Dragon, and Weapon with Base Expander) from certain remote focus systems that do not support the Red RS protocol. The Run-DSMC also corrects a bug that is present in certain Red firmwares that has trouble recognizing the analog Bartech’s physical relay.
The Lemo Sync variant plugs directly into the cameras 4-pin SYNC port without the need for any additional cables or adapters. The male BNC plug variant can attach directly to 3rd party breakout boxes. The female BNC Jack variant requires a BNC cable to work with Red's Sync Breakout Cable and most other 3rd party sync breakout boxes. We also offer our own Sync Breakout cable for use when no other breakout box or cable is present.
The Run-DSMC can be run from 5.5-16V via Lemo, or from 5V from its USB input (USB input does not pass power through to the Bartech receiver). If you need to run from 24V, please contact us.
We offer the Run-DSMC in these styles:
- Digital Bartech - The original all-in-one! This version has power passthrough so that you can use your existing Bartech power cable to power the Run-DSMC and the Bartech at once.
- Analog Bartech - A cheaper and simpler version that doesn’t have a 2-pin jack for power pass-through. This version is meant to be used exclusively with the power-out on the analog Bartech receiver.
- Hedén HLC - Similar to the Digital Bartech version with power pass-through, but is compatible with the HLC's RS output.
- Preston MDR1 - Similar to the Digital Bartech version, with power pass-through, but with Preston power and RS connectors.
On the Red DSMC camera – Navigate to the Brain GPIO menu, and ensure the following:
- Camera Input: General Purpose In
- Brain GPI In High: Record Start
- Brain GPI In Low: Record Stop
- Camera Output: Sync Out
On Bartech handsets:
- Set the “MOM” (momentary) / “CON” (continuous) switch to “MOM“
Other follow focus handsets do not need to be configured.
All Media Blackout cable assemblies use genuine parts and high-quality cable. Cable assemblies are made to order at our office in Culver City, CA. If you need custom assemblies, please contact us.